Updated plans! This launch will include a Friday evening overnight at the SARA launch site! We'll plan to meet at the SARA launch site at 4 pm Friday, July 15, get the range set up, and get some daytime and then nighttime flying in Friday evening. Operations will start again Saturday by 6 am. high power waiver will be in place both days. It's a way of beating the heat and adding a friendly RV or car camping element to the launch! There is no potable water at the launch site, and the nearest flush toilets are a half mile south at the main TIMPA field.
SARA's July 2022 launch is scheduled for Saturday July 16 from 8 am - 11 am at the SARA launch site near Picture Rocks.
- Pre-registration is required. Attendance will be granted on a first come, first served basis, so sign up as soon as you can.
- There is a waitlist available, so if you make a reservation and can't attend, please cancel your reservation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund so someone else can use your spot.
- Please consider volunteering to work for an hour during the launch to help keep our launch running smoothly. You must be qualified to serve as LCO or RSO, but the other positions are available to anyone. We will close the range any time we do not have staffing to support the launch.
- Public Health precautions in currently effect include:
- If you or anyone in your family are sick or may have been exposed to someone who's sick, stay home.
- Consider staying home if you or any family member is at an increased risk of COVID-19 complications.
As always, while a specific waiver altitude and motor limit is expected, field and sky conditions at flight time may dictate restricted operations. Be sure to wear sunscreen, a hat, long pants and long sleeves, closed toe shoes, plenty of water, and always recover rockets with a partner. Watch out for gopher holes, snakes, and other desert hazards when recovering rockets.