SARA is pleased to announce launch policy updates in response to recently changed CDC public health guidance and revised regulatory mandates from state, county, and city authorities.
- Fully vaccinated individuals (2 weeks after final vaccination shot) are not required to wear facemasks. With this freedom comes the individual responsibility to honestly represent your vaccination status.
- Unvaccinated individuals must wear facemasks when away from their car at a SARA launch.
- Please continue to practice social distancing; park every other space in the parking lot, and maintain 6 feet between you and others not in your bubble
- Please stay home if you are sick or have been exposed to someone who may be sick, or if you or a family member may be at increased risk of COVID-19 complications.
- The flush toilets at the TIMPA runway are now available again, so we have eliminated the port-a-potty on site and the associated $5 fee that was necessary during the height of the pandemic.
- Preregistration is required for SARA events, and a waitlist is available if we exceed the newly raised 50 attendee limit for the TIMPA facility. Fliers are welcome to register a number of guests, but all attendees count toward the total. This limit is likely a practical limit on the number of attendees we can support at this launch site during a 3 hour launch.
- SARA is an all-volunteer organization, so please consider volunteering at a launch. Launches don't happen without volunteers, and we will need to stop launch operations if we are understaffed. If you haven't volunteered a 1 hour shift recently, it's time to step up to carry your share of the load. You can sign up for a variety of roles when you register for the event.
- All events for the remainder of 2021 are now posted in the Events section of the SARA website. You are welcome to register for any of these events as soon as they are on the website. So if you want to fly in September, you can sign up in July to ensure your space.